There are several ways to create items:
a. Item Creation through web portal
This is the simplest way to enter product information & create an item in our database. Data field with * mark are required while other are optional. Click Manage Item menu, and then click Item Creation function:
- Item Conditions: New (default) or Refurbished
- Title: This is product description to be displayed on the web portal & shipping related documents. Max character allowed is 200.
- Manufacturer: Choose a name of manufacturer from existing list, or you can create your own
- Seller Part#: Enter SKU# in your database. Max character allowed is 40.
- Manufacturer Part Number: Enter Alphanumeric number Manufacturer assigned to this product. Max character allowed is 20.
- UPC/ISBN: This is an optional field for you to enter Unique Product Number barcoded on products
- Packs or Sets: Enter package count per unit
- NPC: NPC stands for Newegg Product Code, which is assigned to each seller part# for inventory management purpose. You can print & apply a NPC barcode label to your merchandise while prepare inventory shipment to Newegg warehouses. Refer to 4. How to send Inventory.
- Item Dimensions (by inches): Enter the length, width, and height of each product (in retail package). It is used to estimate shipping cost and find minimal repack carton. Newegg will validate and update the numbers based on product received.
- Inventory Management Type: First In First Out (default)/First Expired First Out/Last in First Out
- Shipping Hazardous Materials: To comply regulations of Transportation in the US, any shipment with hazardous materials must be properly labeled and/or using ground services. Please indicate if a product contains hazard materials or batteries? For products including batteries, please indicate battery cells by weight and what hour respectively to assure proper service & labeling for your orders.
- Package Weight (by pound): Same as dimensions, enter product weight of a single unit in retail packaging. Newegg will validate and update it based on product received.
- MSRP: Manufacture Suggest Retail Price or Fair Market Value is used to report customer for international trade. Newegg collects this data first so that you create global orders.
- Country of Origin: Same as MSRP, Country of Origin of each product is used to determine tariff and trade restrictions. Newegg collect this data for global orders.
- Item Image: User can upload product images to assure correct product received and better inventory handling of Newegg Logistic Services.
b. Item Search & Edit
- Click Manage Item menu, and then click Item List function. User can search by Seller Part#, Mfr Part#, Newegg Item# or Item Title
- Click Advanced Options to enable additional filter by Manufacturing, Item Conditions, Inventory, Item Create Date Range
- Search and find a specific Item from the search result. Click Edit icon to open item detail page.
- User can change Title, Manufacturer, Manufacturer Part#, UPC, Item Package Dimension or Weight, Inventory Management Type, MSRP and Country of Origin. Then click Save button to make the change effective.
- Seller Part# cannot be edited. Please go back to Item List result page, and click “X” icon to delete this item first. Then create another item with a new Seller Part#. Please note an Item cannot be deleted when there are still inventory possessed by Newegg warehouses.
c. Batch Item Creation
This is item creation for users who prefer to prepare data offline, and create multiple items at once. First select a prefer data format you like to work offline, and download the template file. Save the file in your local drive to edit later.
Read the instruction & definition of each data field (available in MS Excel template) before working on the file. Some required data must have values, and Newegg uses programming script to validate the SKU details in the file you upload.
User can see view file processing status and result from History portion.
To review items successfully created, user can search item from Item list (Refer to 3b. Item Search & Edit).
d. Item Mapping
Clients may list products for sales differently than inventory through varied sales channels. To assure Newegg Logistics Services understand it correctly while updating inventory or retrieving orders, clients must tell us how to map items of each sales channel through this function.
Users can Search existing item mapping by each Sales Channel, or find existing item mapping of different channels by Seller Part#, Newegg Item#, Sales Channel Seller Part# or Sales Channel Item#.
Users can click Create New Mapping button to map listing products of different sales channels to current items.
First, select a platform, then select if how you would like the rule to apply
Note: All means this rule is shared by all platform accounts for the same platform. Otherwise, the rule will only applied to the specific platform account
Then, click Add Items(s) or Batch Item Mapping if you would like to apply the new rules using a template. Type in your part numbers you wish to add to the new mapping. You can search by Regular item or BOM item. Click Search to show items.
Now you can select the Items you want to add to the rule by checking the box to the left of each Item. Click Add & Continue to search for other items or Add & Exit to be brought back to the previous screen.
Last step is to choose what SKU’s to map the Items. Enter your SKU # to the right. Click Submit to complete the rule.
SKU # is the seller-assigned item identity which can be used to locate a specific item and track its item inventory.
Batch Item Mapping
User can create multiple item mapping through a template file offline by going to Create New Mapping and clicking the Batch Item Mapping button. Press Download Template button and save the file to edit later.
Read the instruction & definition of each data field (at field definitions Tab) before working on the file.
Users complete required data of batch item mapping, and upload it back to Newegg Logistics portal by clicking browse. We use programming script to process the file, and user can view the status of each loaded item by looking at the Memo section.
e. BOM Item List
This is for client to create bundle SKU# sold as a set from different sales channels. A bundle SKU# represents either multiple pieces of the same SKU or multiple pieces of different SKUs. Even though Newegg doesn’t possess physical inventory of bundle SKU, the order with bundle SKU can be processed like normal SKU. (Refer to 5. How to create orders)
User can click Search button to find existing bundle SKUs, or click New BOM Item to create a new bundle SKU.
At step 1 of BOM item setup, Pack/Kit ID# & Description are both required fields. The former is what user like to name a bundle SKU, and the latter is the title of bundle product. UPC code is optional for bundle SKU. If a UPC for bundle SKU is input, an additional *BOM label with UPC barcode will be printed and applied to each bundle SKU. User can click Next button to proceed to step 2. [* Note: A surcharge is applied to each BOM label]
At this step 2, user can search an existing Item (i.e. by Seller Part#), and Add it as a component to the bundle SKU. User can change the Qty of each component from the list below if multiple pieces involved. User click Submit button to create a bundle SKU after all components added with associated piece count.
User can click Edit icon to view & update any existing bundle, or click Delete icon to delete it.