ShipStation is a web-based, multi-carrier shipping solution for eCommerce retailers. Designed to streamline the fulfillment process, this software offers a vast number of integrations that allow you to import automatically and process orders from the most popular sales channels and shopping carts.
Acquire API Key and API Secret
- Clients will need to log in to their ShipStation portal > Account > API Settings and find their API Key (Username) & API Secret (Password) under the API Keys section. Click “Generate New API Keys” if there are none listed. Note: Any previously generated keys will be lost when generating new key.
- Make a note of your ShipStation API credentials in order to set up the integration between the ShipStation platform and Newegg Logistics.
Set Up Platform Integration on Newegg Logistics Portal
- Log into your Newegg Logistics Portal and go to Manage Account > Platform Integration and click on “+ New Platform Integration” button.
- Select “ShipStation” from the Platform drop-down list and enter a Display Name (optional). The Display Name is used to identify each store if you have multiple stores on the same platform. Click “Next” to continue.
- Configure your API settings by entering your API Key & API Secret credentials retrieved from ShipStation and set up any additional preferences as listed below. Click the “Connect” button after you have set up all preferences.
Below is an overview of each available setting:
- API Key/ API Secret – These are used for communication between platforms. You can find your API key and secret from Settings > Account > API Settings on Ship Station after you logged in.
- Authorization Status – Information on if your API Key and Secret Key are matching after you have connected the system
- Download orders from Ship Station automatically – Allows user to choose between Automatic or Manual order uploads.
Exclude order Items – Exclude order items like coupons if SKU matches. Use a comma “,” to delimit multiple SKUs.
- Order tag filter – The Order Tag in ShipStation allows you to tell Newegg Logistics what orders need to be fulfilled. Make sure a tag as “Newegg Logistics” is configured in ShipStation and all relevant orders will need to receive this tag. Important! Notify Newegg integration team when Order Tag is configured on ShipStation. We will help to identify the Order Tag ID. Do not enable the auto download order option until receiving the confirmation.
Click here to view more on Order Tag filter on Shipstations website.
- Generate Tracking # in advance – If set to true, Newegg will try to generate tracking# in advance before the order shipment.
- Platform Sku Mapping – If set to Auto, Newegg will treat your platform SKU as Newegg Seller Part # directly if item mapping not found. Otherwise, you must setup item mapping for each platform SKU whether the Newegg Seller Part # is same or not.
- Retry order download automatically – If left unchecked, Newegg will NOT try to re-download an order that did not pass validation or has Exceptional order status.
- Click the “Test Connection” button in order for Newegg Logistics to verify your API information and inform you if the services communicate with each other. If the connection is successful click the “Complete” button.
- Once the integration has been successfully created, you will see a summary page for your reference. Click the “Close” button to return to the Platform Integration page.
Updating Your Platform Settings
If you need to update your platform settings or disconnect the platform from Newegg, please do the following:
- Log into your Newegg Logistics Portal and go to Manage Account > Platform Integration and click on the platform you wish to edit.
- There are 2 icons available in the top right corner of your platform information.
– The toggle switch allows you to connect or disconnect your platform.
– The gear icon will redirect you to the “Edit Platform Integration Guide” tool that is used in the Set Up Platform Integration on Newegg Logistics Portal section of this guide.
- Once you have updated your settings, you will need to go through each step of the tool in order to save your changes. Once you complete the steps, click the “Close” button to return to the Platform Integration page.